With Commerce Manager, you can set up a shop that lets people complete purchases on Facebook instead of sending people to a different website. This is called a shop with checkout – Facebook checkout and anyone who visits your shop can see your products, browse and buy them.
Facebook Checkout is currently available in the US and to a limited number of other sellers.
Follow the steps below to set up a shop with Facebook checkout:
Before you begin, make sure you have reviewed Facebook’s requirement to use the commerce manager and also be sure you’re logged in to Facebook.
Create your shop
You must use a computer to set up your shop in Commerce Manager. To set up a shop with checkout:
- Go to Commerce Manager.
- Click Get Started to go to the Create Your Shop page.
- Choose Checkout on Facebook or Instagram and click Get Started again.
- Click Get Started for either setting up a shop with Commerce Manager or with an ecommerce platform. To use an ecommerce platform, select one from the list. To use Commerce Manager, choose Facebook or Instagram.
- Review what you need to complete a Commerce Manager account and click Next.
- Complete these steps to create a Commerce Account, and click Finish Setup when you’re done:
- Provide Business Information.
- Add Products and Settings.
- Set up Payouts.
- (For Instagram) Submit Instagram Account for Review.
7. Review your business information and make changes as needed.
Read On: Facebook Commerce Manager – All You Need to Know
When you’re done, you can go to Commerce Manager to manage your catalog, learn how to use Facebook’s selling tools, and assign permissions to your team to manage specific business tasks.
It may take up to 2 weeks for the Shops tab to appear in Commerce Manager while we review your account. Once it appears, you can:
Create a collection. You can create collections that include at least 2 or more products.
Customize your shop. You’ll choose your featured collection and customize the look and feel of your shop.
Publish your shop. People can see your shop once we review and approve your collections, typically within 24 hours.
Benefits Of Checkout on Facebook and Instagram
Checkout allows customers to buy items directly from a shop on Facebook or Instagram. If you use checkout:
- You can access additional Commerce Manager tools.
- You incur a selling fee for your sales.
- Your transactions are handled by Facebook’s payment processors and usually issue payouts in 8 to 10 business days.
Here are a few reasons why Facebook checkout and Instagram Checkout can be valuable to your business:
- Once a customer enters payment and shipping info for a purchase on Facebook or Instagram, their payment information is saved, so they don’t need to re-enter it each time they want to buy something. They also don’t need to create any new accounts to complete a purchase.
- Payment information is securely stored. With their protected payment info in one place, customers can complete purchases without needing to log in to a different website.
- There are policies that help keep businesses and inventory on Facebook’s high quality. Every product is reviewed for sale to ensure the quality of listings and limit products that violate Facebook’s policies.
- It is ensured that images and descriptions for each product are consistent, which lets customers have a good experience with your business on Facebook Shop.