AAUW International Fellowships, USA – AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline, and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Up to five International Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowships are renewable for a second year; fellows will receive application information for this competitive program.
Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls. Recipients return to their home countries to become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, the arts or scientific fields.
For questions or technical support, please email email@example.com.
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
- Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
Women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
Accredited U.S. institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions.
Number of Awards:
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November 2022.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score or other acceptable verification.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by 15 November 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application. Fellows must provide official confirmation from the institution with their acceptance materials
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website (link found below) for more details.
November 15, 2022, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time
Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents.
April 15, 2022
Notification of decisions emailed to all applicants. AAUW is not able to honor requests for earlier notification.
July 1, 2022–June 30, 2022
When a deadline or notification date falls on a weekend, the date will be observed on the following business day.
Applications and submission of supporting documents are done online. The application deadline for AY 2022-2022 is 15 November 2022.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application and for detailed updated information on this scholarship/fellowship.
Go through the official website for more details
Official Scholarship Website: : https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/