Chinese Government Scholarship – WMO Program for International Students:
This is a comprehensive opportunity for international students to apply for a Chinese government scholarship to sponsor international students to study and perform meteorology research in China in cooperation with the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) program.
This is a highly competitive program that serves undergraduate students, master’s students and doctoral students. Help for undergraduates not exceeding 5 academic years, for master ‘s students not exceeding 3 academic years or for doctoral students not exceeding 4 academic years.
Nanjing Information Science and Technology University and Hohai University are the two designated universities for this program.
Sponsor: Chinese Government, China
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduate, Masters & PhD
Scholarship Value: Tuition waiver, accommodation, living expenses etc.
Subject Eligibility: See eligible courses (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Chinese Government Scholarship 2022-WMO Program | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Eligibility Criteria: For the 2022 Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program for International Students, applicants are required to meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Applicants must be international students.
- The award is available for undergraduate, masters & PhD program in Meteorology,
- Hydrology and Water Resources Monitoring & Management fields offered by the University.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
- Applicants must be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- Must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- A PhD project research proposal that is related to the research area
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Hohai University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
- Water Resources Monitoring & Management.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates are required to apply to WMO Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
- Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by WMO Secretariat as an eligible candidate.
- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchinaor http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
- Submit all your application documents to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from WMO Secretariat will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Document Requirement: Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English)
- The Notarized highest diploma;
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
- Undergraduate applicants must submit transcripts of their high school graduation examinations. Other applicants must submit their academic transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English); This should be a minimum of 200 words for undergraduate students, and 800 words for graduate students.
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English); Applicants for the graduate programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
- Valid Documents of Your Legal Guardians in China(only required for applicants under the age of 18); Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). (The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org);
- The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available);
The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
NOTE: All documents should be bound together on top left corner. You should submit TWO sets of bound documents. No application documents will be returned.
Application Deadline: Currently Open