FirstMet Online Dating; Meet and Chat with Mature Singles – FirstMet Online Dating – With over 30 million installed users and over 3 million Facebook followers, FirstMet.com (formerly AYI.com – Are You Interested?) is one of the most popular online dating services. Its well-rounded, fully integrated dating experience is what sets it apart. FirstMet offers a Facebook app, an iPhone app, an Android app, and a website, among other things. Each one makes it simple to meet singles by linking them together based on mutual friends and interests, all for free.
The registration process for the FirstMet website is smooth, as you’d expect from a site so closely linked to the fast-paced world of social media and mobile apps. Users have the option of signing in with their Facebook accounts or registering with their email addresses. Fill in your gender, the gender you’re looking for, and your zip code, as well as the standard sign-up information such as username and password.
New users are asked to pick at least three interests from a selection of images so that FirstMet can begin matching based on shared hobbies and passions, and then the real fun begins. Matching is a simple, streamlined procedure on FirstMet. Members are presented with a series of pictures, and must respond by clicking “Yes” or “Skip.” That’s all there is to it.
see more: https://web.cbtpracticeapp.com/dating/facebook-dating-review/
For users who want more control over the matching process, there are other options. Under the “Search” tab members can conduct more detailed searches based on the usual dating site categories (age, ethnicity, marital status, education, income, etc). Under the “Intros” tab, users are introduced to one new member every day based on FirstMet’s matching algorithm.
As is usually the case with ‘free’ dating sites, the free membership doesn’t get you access to every feature FirstMet has to offer. Free members can search and chat online with other members via instant messaging. Paid members receive unlimited messaging, the ability to see who viewed their profiles, and the option to browse outside their country.
On Facebook, the FirstMet experience is almost exactly the same. Click on the app page, input your basic info, and hit “Meet My Matches.” Once you’re inside the app, you’ll find yourself in familiar territory. The page looks and functions exactly like the FirstMet website, with the addition of a section that shows any friends you have in common with your potential matches. You can also choose to browse “One-by-One” or by “Friends-of-Friends.” Once again, the Facebook app’s interface is clean and the user experience is simple and streamlined.
The mobile app is where FirstMet really shines. The efficient matching system, minimalist profiles, and straightforward design are ideally suited to use on a smartphone. Users who sign into their accounts using the free iPhone or Android apps are immediately presented with FirstMet’s browsing system. A large photo fills most of the screen, with the “Yes” or “Skip” buttons below it.
The navigation system across the top of the screen in the FirstMet app is intuitive and easy to use. The first button, “Connections,” shows the same lists that can be found on the website and Facebook app (My Likes, Likes Me, Matches, etc). The second button leads to the FirstMet messaging system, and the third is a basic filtering system that can be used to narrow down your matches by location, age, and ethnicity. If you’re interested in more advanced features, you can also upgrade to a premium account from within the mobile app.
All in all, FirstMet is a solid choice if you’re looking for something basic. Singles searching for long-term love probably won’t find what they’re looking for in FirstMet’s service, but those interested in casual dating might enjoy the many options FirstMet provides and the easiness of using its various platforms. Each variation of the service functions well, but FirstMet’s quick and easy matching method works best in the mobile context.
Positives of FirstMet
These are the best parts of FirstMet.
- Registration is 100% free and, unlike many other free dating sites, there are no ads on FirstMet.com for premium members
- FirstMet is very easy to use. Even the technologically challenged will have no problems navigating its simple user interface
- Users who appreciate having options will enjoy that they can use FirstMet in several different contexts: website, Facebook, mobile apps
- 25 million Facebook-connected members
Negatives of FirstMet
These are the parts of FirstMet that need improvement.
- Initial sign-up is limited depending on which platform is used. Members can only choose male or female under the “Seeking” section on the website. On Facebook and the mobile apps, “Both” is also an option
- Profiles are limited. FirstMet covers a lot of information about what users enjoy doing but doesn’t offer opportunities for users to introduce themselves in-depth or discuss what they’re looking for in a partner
- Communication is limited without a paid subscription
- Online dating has continued to change and evolve, FirstMet has not. The service has not received a major update in a long while
Editors Bottom Line
What should you take away from this review of FirstMet? Our expert explains:
“FirstMet” is an easy-to-use dating service that can be accessed on many platforms including Facebook, smartphone apps, and via the website. While this service was once very popular, in recent years their membership has decreased. This may be in part because the service itself hasn’t received a major update in a long while.
We give FirstMet, a 3.75 out of 5 Stars! 😃
FirstMet Free Membership
- Create a profile
- Basic information
- Ethnicity, religion, politics, marital status
- Education, career, income
- Smoking habits, diet, drinking, exercise
- Physical characteristics
- Areas of Interest, Music, Movies, Television, Books, Activites, Other Interests, Likes
- Add photos (up to 10 photos)
- Search and view profiles
- Ask an icebreaker question
- Receive daily intros
- Likes Me list
- Create a profile
- Not Included:
- Cannot access all lists
- Cannot see who viewed your profile
- No unlimited messaging
Relationship Types Allowed
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Find
- Activity Partner
- Prices last confirmed January 24, 2022. Please check FirstMet for the most recent pricing. All prices in USD unless specified otherwise. Prices may differ based on location, time of purchase, or access point (this can include a device used and/or if accessed from a website or app)
- Pay by credit card, PayPal, or ACH/eCheck
- Register for a free membership or a paid premium membership
- Free membership includes:
- Upload pictures
- Browse and search members
- Daily intros
- Limited contact
- Limited lists
- Premium membership includes:
- Everything from the standard plan, plus:
- Unlimited messaging (including with non-premium members)
- Friends in Common
- Prioritized customer service
- See who has viewed your profile
- Costs in US dollars:
- $12.50/month for 6 months (billed $74.97)
- $16.66/month for 3 months (billed $49.99)
- $24.99/month for 1 month (billed $24.99)
- Try out the popular Facebook and mobile FirstMet App
FirstMet Viewing & Communication Features
- Private email
- Instant messaging
- Icebreaker question
- My Likes
- Likes Me
- Viewed Me
- Facebook app
- Can be linked to the website
- Retains all the functionality of the website
- Mobile app
- For both iPhone and Android
- Search functionality is limited compared to the website and Facebook app
- The mobile app can be used to send and read private messages
Search For Members By
- Receive results from the site based on shared interests
- Narrow down search results by location, age, interests, height, body type, ethnicity
- Friends of Friends
- Advanced search (all aspects of the profile)
- My Likes
- Likes Me
- Viewed Me
- Mobile app
- Limited search functionality compared to the website and Facebook app
- The “Browse” function remains the same, but the mobile app lacks more advanced search capabilities
- The ability to narrow down search results is also limited to age, location, and ethnicity
- Facebook app
- Contains the same search functionality as the website
Other FirstMet Information
FirstMet is owned and operated by The Dating Company, a leading provider of online dating services for websites and mobile platforms.
FirstMet was originally called “AreYouInterested?” which was started in 2007 as a Facebook Application and owned by Snap Interactive. This quickly followed with a website found at AYI.com (and AreYouInterested.com) and a few years later dating apps were released for Android and iPhone. On March 12, 2022, Snap Interactive, Inc. rebranded to PeerStream, Inc. Then on February 4th, 2022, Peer Stream sold all of their dating assets including FirstMet to The Dating Company, LLC.
see more: https://web.cbtpracticeapp.com/dating/how-to-activate-facebook-dating/